This year’s best smartphones are one of the things on my list to learn what are the best and new features, along with a reasonable price. It looks like the Pixel 4 is a contender.
Here are some links to what people are saying.
Tom’s Guide has a listing of the 10 best smartphones and the features that make them good choices.
♥ And don’t forget that Black Friday will be here before we know it.
November 29, 2019 — Read more here: https://blackfriday.com/news/when-is-black-friday-2019
♥ Cyber Monday is December 2, 2019 — Read more here: https://www.techradar.com/cyber-monday/cyber-monday-2019
Managing email is quite an undertaking these days. If your email box gets as full – as mine does – I am sure you are looking for ways to get it under control.
Gmail users can use their ‘archive’ feature. If you’re a Gmail user and want to understand how that tool works better, take a look at these two links. If you’re not a Gmail user, you may want to change what you’re currently using, and switch to Gmail.
Recently, I have been challenged with the phone chargers I use. They are either not working, or they need charging before I can charge my phone! Yikes! So I looked for some suggestions about which chargers are the best. I found this article on Lifewire.com, a website I use for tech product information. I thought I would share it with you as well. Click on the link below. Enjoy your summer!
It’s that time of year again when many families pile into the car with the kids for their yearly road trip. It may be that some of the kids, coming from a ‘computer savvy’ generation, are not interested in remembering the license plate numbers/states while they are traveling. So what are the parents/grandparents to do? We are in luck. There are a few APPs that may be of interest to the entire family. Check out the Insect App available for free on iTunes. Learn about how the game works at the link below.
Then load the APP onto your iPhone at this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/that-gunk-on-your-car/id1352752191
Here are some more ideas for APPS that may entertain your kids while they are in the car at the link below.
Those of you who are looking for a new phone will want to read Brian X. Chen’s article about Google’s Pixel 3A, which apparently is the latest and greatest ‘reasonably priced’ smartphone. Yes! According to Brian X. Chen, Tech Fix, New York Times article, this is a phone worth looking at. Cost $400.00 – half the price of Google’s other phones. It is being introduced for those of us not wanting to pay $1,000 – $2,000 for a phone. Here are some of the features Chen is impressed with.
♦ Camera features from the Pixel phone are also available in the Pixel 3A. For example, Night Sight – where photos taken in low light look normal without the use of a flash.
♦ Pixel 3A shoots images with portrait mode – This puts the main subject in sharp focus while blurring the background.
♦ Includes a headphone jack.
♦ There are trade-offs: missing support for wireless charging, lack of waterproofing. Slightly slower, less accurate colors.
Brian Chen’s article is much more thorough. You can read the full review by clicking the link below.
iPhone users will love this trick that I found on Tom’s Guide.
When you are done with that, help yourself with these FREE Mindfulness Apps at the link below.
Greetings to all of my Tech4Boomers followers. For the past nine years, I have worked toward bringing you technology information that provides you with a better understanding of the equipment, information, and your continuing participation let’s me know that we have had at least some success with technology challenges we face and require skills to use.
This month tech4boomers will transition the type of information that is posted on the blog. More and more, the onslaught of information overload forces us to consider using technology to help us with our personal challenges. In the future, I’ll look for ways to use technology that can give us the opportunity to explore ways, such as, to relieve stress, play games, get fit, and be mindful of the time we are spending on our gadgets. Often, the recommendations will lead you to a link of apps that may help with various issues. I am continuing to work so that it will be useful for you.
Click the Link Below for the Best Anxiety Apps of 2018
Happy New Year to all my followers and those who just stopped by to find out what’s happening with tech4boomers. I begin the year reminding myself and you about making sure to have virus software. As I was preparing to do this blog post, I came across some information that I thought might be useful going forward.
As many of you may be aware, “Cryptocurrency” is digital money. Another name you may be familiar with is Bitcoin. Even if you’re not an investor in this digital payment system, there is something you should be aware of, and that is “Cryptojacking”, sometimes called “malicious cryptomining”.
Cryptojackers are hackers who use your computer, smartphones etc., without your knowledge. It’s another form of malware, which can be loaded on your computer when you click on a malicious link in an email. This form of hacking has become one of the latest online threats to computer users. This malware steals your computer’s resources, and can slow down your device substantially.
- Norton Security considers it the new ransomware and recommends a strong internet security software suite to help block Cryptojacking threats.
- Mcafee advises using comprehensive security software, using a password manger to create complicated, unique passwords. Avoid risky apps, and always keep all your software up-to-date.
You can find out more using these source websites:
We can all use a little help with last-minute shopping. It turns out that there are still many deals out there, and if you order from Amazon, they may guarantee delivery before Christmas. And, if you celebrate Kwanzaa, you just might be early !
♥ Here are some of my favorites – just click the link.
It is that time of year again when we are able to acquire computer tech deals before the holiday is upon us. And, we can get our shopping done on-line. I looked around for some ideas at a few websites I count on go give me suggestions. Take a look at the some of the deals and see whether you find something that will work for your shopping list.
- The Roku Streaming Stick. ( $49.00). The tiny Roku Streaming Stick brings us still further into the future of streaming entertainment onto our big-screens. It is a small device, not much larger than the typical thumb drive, that plugs directly into a port on your TV and allows you to stream television shows, movies, music, games and other content from the Internet, in some cases without extra cables or remote controls. Source: https://electronics.howstuffworks.com/gadgets/other-gadgets/roku-streaming-stick.htm
- Kindle Paperwhite. If you’re tired of lugging around those heavy hardcover books, you should consider buying a Kindle. After testing all the Kindle models for 2017—including the new Kindle Oasis—our recommendation for most people is the Kindle Paperwhite. (available at Amazon) Not only does a Kindle give you thousands of books at your disposal, the convenience factor is just plain hard to beat. Source: https://www.reviewed.com/laptops/best-right-now/the-best-kindles
- Google Home Mini Smart Speaker ($49.00) – Looks like a real winner to me and less expensive than some gadgets. Source: https://www.pcmag.com/feature/339156/24-must-have-tech-gifts-under-50/6
- Amazon Smart Plug ($24.00) We will not have to turn on our coffee makers and lights. This little gadget will do it for us. And, it may fit into your budget. Source: https://www.pcmag.com/feature/339156/24-must-have-tech-gifts-under-50/10
- iHome Motion Sensor iSBO1 – ($29.27) A WiFi Motion sensor. This gadget will let you know about movement in your home. Nicely priced too. Source: https://www.pcmag.com/feature/339156/24-must-have-tech-gifts-under-50/12
- Tile Pro and Tile Mate ($25.00) – A real winner for help finding your keys and other items you have misplaced.
Once you get started, with these deals, you will be so happy you did.
Click below for more deals 🙂