It’s almost impossible to keep up with all the great and useful things to know that are happening on the technology front. That’s why in upcoming Posts the format for tech4boomers will change to short burst of information with links to the web pages, or apps, or guidelines etc., which will give you quick access to the things that interest you most. You will also want to visit DIGITWIRL, which has great suggestions and tips for organizing your technology world. A link to the website (Great Technology Tips) is available under BLOGS I LIKE.
The topics covered in this Post are : Health Apps, Healthful Computing, and How to Buy a Router.
appear to be everywhere, and there seems to be one for everything. I don’t know why I was surprised to read about these weight loss apps in a Nutrition Newsletter that I received in the ‘snail mail‘, but there they were prominently placed on a page all by themselves as the latest way to keep track of what you are eating by using an app on your smartphone, or computer. Below are some of the APPS that were suggested, along with the links to them. I’ve read that free apps are just as good as any of the ones which charge a fee in this category. Why don’t you check them out for yourself using the links below which goes with your device.
Name of APP – MyFitnessPal – FREE
- ANDROID USERS – Lose weight with MyFitnessPal, the fastest and easiest to use calorie counter for Android. With the largest food database of any Android calorie counter (over 1,700,000 foods), and amazingly fast food and exercise entry, we’ll help you take those extra pounds off! There is no better diet app – period.via Calorie Counter – MyFitnessPal – Android Apps on Google Play.
- Blackberry Users – http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/29496/
Name of APP – Lose It! – FREE
- iPhone Users: Succeed at weight loss with Lose It! Set goals and establish a daily calorie budget that enables you to meet them. Stay on track each day by recording your food and exercise and staying within your budget. The average active Lose It! user has lost more than 12lbs and more than 85% of our active users have lost weight. Lose It! is completely free via App Store – Lose It!.
- ANDROID USERS – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fitnow.loseit
tech4boomers has often written about the importance of being careful to protect your eyes when you are at the computer. Check out the tips at this site:
DO YOU NEED AN EQUIPMENT UPDATE?
When was the last time you updated your computer equipment? I know many of us are trying to save those dollars, but it could be possible that by not evaluating whether your current computer equipment is serving your best interests both economically and aesthetically, and you could be paying more than you need to. Take a look at the article, which appeared in PC World Magazine recently about Routers. It will help you to check what steps you should take in deciding what is best for your technology purposes.
How to Buy a Router, By Armando Rodriguez, PCWorld May 3, 2012
Buying a router may not be at the top of everyone’s to-do list, but a new model can mean the difference between enjoying Netflix in HD and seeing a grainy mess of substandard video.
- Are you still using the router that your Internet service provider gave you? If so, you might not be getting the best results possible. Routers that ISPs provide tend to be older models running custom firmware, and the download and upload speeds from these routers may not match the speeds you pay for.via How to Buy a Router | PCWorld.
♣ ♣ ♣
See you at the next Post. I hope this is helpful 🙂